Creating a YouTube channel for your business can have many benefits, and it doesn’t have to be a complicated process or take much of your time to set up. It doesn’t matter who your customers are, chances are they are more than likely using YouTube. With over one billion users watching over one billion hours of video daily, YouTube offers many opportunities at a relatively low cost. Let’s explore how to create a youtube account and how to create a youtube channel for your business youtube videos. and video contnet
Youtube Channel Introduction
Firstly, What is a Youtube channel?
A Youtube channel is a public page that displays all of your uploaded videos as well as any playlists you have created. It also includes basic information about you or your business, such as contact details, website links and social media accounts.
Secondly, how do businesses use their YouTube Channels?
Businesses use YouTube channels to advertise their products and services, promote their brand and engage with customers. They can also use it to create how-to videos for tutorials, share behind-the-scenes footage and unboxing videos of new products or even run giveaways or contests.
Thirdly, what are some of the benefits of having a YouTube channel?
Having a YouTube channel gives businesses the opportunity to reach millions of people, build relationships with their customers, increase brand awareness and boost sales. Additionally, it helps businesses stay competitive in the online marketplace by giving them an additional platform to share their content and engage with customers.
By following our step-by-step guide, your business channel can be up and running in no time. All you need to get started is a Google Account.
Once you’ve created a Google Account, you will now be able to access YouTube and set up
How To Set up a YouTube Channel for Your Business
- Sign in to YouTube with the Google account you want to manage your channel.
- On YouTube, click your user icon (upper-right corner) and select ‘settings’.
- Go to ‘additional features’ and click on ‘Create a new channel’, to create your business channel, you are going to create a Brand Account for your business.
- Enter the details for your new channel, and go through the prompted steps to verify your account, clicking ‘Done’ when you are finished.
- Your new Brand Account has been set up. You should now see your channel’s dashboard. Follow the instructions if you wish to add a channel manager (your business channel can have multiple managers or owners).
Steps to customise your YouTube business channel
It is worth extra time to customise your business channel so that your business presents itself in the best possible way on the site, making your channel an extension of your other marketing efforts and your eCommerce website or business website.
Firstly, from your channel’s dashboard, select ‘customise channel’.
Follow these next few quick steps to make your channel look professional (and to make it easier for your customers to find you):
1. Start with the basics
Click the cogwheel icon on the left of the page, and then click on ‘advanced settings’. Here is where you enter the basic information about your business. You can also link to an AdWords account, make advertising selections, and add a Google Analytics property tracking ID here.
2. Change your Brand Account’s profile photo
You can do this by clicking on ‘change’ underneath your profile icon or by selecting ‘Edit channel icon’ from the menu.
When you click ‘edit’ you will be taken to your Brand Account’s upload photo screen. Select a JPG, BMP, PNG or GIF (non-animated) with a minimum 800 x 800 pixels. Try to select an image that displays well as a square (as well as in a circle crop) and one that looks good at smaller sizes.
If you have an image you are already using on social media platforms, it would be wise to keep your business looking consistent by selecting the same or similar image.
3. Adding Channel Art
First, you will need to add some Channel Art. Your Channel Art images should be 2560 x 1440 pixels for best results across all devices. These images will ensure your channel is visually engaging and help your brand’s personality shine.
Once you have loaded your Channel Art, click on the gear icon found in the section below your Channel Art. You will see a pop-up appear called ‘Channel settings’. Now click on the ‘Customise the layout of your channel’ option, enable it, and click ‘Save’.
You will now see you have the following options available to you: ‘Home’, ‘Videos’, ‘Playlists’, ‘Channels’ and ‘About’. Next, we are heading to the ‘About’ section.
4. Adding those all-important details
Click on ‘About’. Under description, briefly outline your business and products, keeping your core keywords in mind. Using keywords within your description will help people find you when searching YouTube. Edit your business details and make sure you include your contact email address.
Next, you should include links to any social media profiles your business has as these will appear over your Channel Art and be highly visible to your visitors and viewers. Consider the order in which these links are entered carefully. These links will appear as highly visible icons and, if used well, can be highly effective.
It is important to note that the very first link you enter in your ‘custom links’ section will also show the link title. Therefore, the 30 characters that you enter under ‘link title’ are a great place to insert a call to action, such as “SHOP NOW”, “GO TO OUR STORE” or “FOLLOW US”.
The icon (or favicon) relating to your first custom link will appear next to this text/call to action. For example, if your first custom link was to your business’s Twitter account, you may choose to put “FOLLOW US” in the title so that it appears on your channel as the words “FOLLOW US” followed by the Twitter favicon. The favicons will appear in a horizontal line in the order they were entered in the custom links section.
Now your business channel is ready to go! YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine, and videos are a great way to engage with your audience. You can now use YouTube to leverage video for your business and help your business grow.
Helpful tips and advice for Youtube
How to use your Youtube Channel to promote your business
- Create engaging content that is relevant to your target audience and industry.
- Optimize titles, descriptions and tags for SEO value.
- Promote your videos across all social media channels, including YouTube itself, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other sites where your potential customers are active online.
- Leverage influencers to share your videos and increase visibility.
- Monitor metrics like views, engagement levels, subscribers and comments to measure the success of your campaigns.
- Track analytics such as conversions, sales and other goals in order to adjust your strategy accordingly.
These are just a few ideas on how you can use YouTube to promote your business.
Tips for creating engaging video content for Youtube
- Keep it short – Aim for videos of 1 to 3 minutes in length.
- Tell a story – Paint a picture with your visuals, connect emotionally with viewers and encourage them to share your content.
- Use captivating visuals – High-quality video and images are essential for engaging viewers.
- Include call to actions – At the end of your video, make sure to ask viewers to share your content or subscribe to your channel.
- Include relevant keywords in titles and descriptions – This will help you reach more people searching for related topics.
- Share on other social platforms – Cross-promote your videos on other social media channels like Facebook and Twitter
Tips for sharing and promoting your Youtube Channel
- Create a hashtag for your brand and use it to promote your content across social media.
- Encourage people to subscribe, like and comment on your videos.
- Engage with followers by responding to comments, sending out surveys or polls, and answering questions.
- Create playlists featuring related content to keep viewers engaged.
- You can also use YouTube’s Cards and End Screens featurres to suggest related videos and encourage viewers to subscribe.
- Analyze your analytics – Use YouTube Analytics to track metrics like watch time, average view duration, audience retention, subscriber growth rate and more. This will help you understand what content resonates with your audience so you can optimize future videos for better results.
- Post regularly – To keep your channel active, post videos consistently. Try to upload at least once a week or better yet, every day.
- Host giveaway contests – Give viewers an incentive to subscribe and watch your content by hosting giveaways and competitions.
Tips for increasing your subscribers on your Youtube Channel
- Engage with your audience – Reply to comments, upload videos based on requests from viewers, and generally show that you care about your community. Interacting with your fans will help build relationships and make them more likely to subscribe.
- Collaborate with other YouTubers – Reach out to content creators in your space and find ways to collaborate. You can do this by joining forces on a video, cross-promoting each other’s channels or even starting a challenge together.
- Using tags and keywords in your titles will make it easier for viewers to find your videos. Utilising popular or trending keywords can also help boost the visibility of your videos when they appear in viewers’ YouTube searches.
- Use targeted SEO tactics to rank higher in organic search results on YouTube, like using longer-tail phrases and keeping the titles concise yet descriptive. Also, keep an eye on the YouTube Channel Keywords tab, where you can type up to 500 characters of relevant keywords and phrases associated with your content.
- Create eye-catching thumbnails – Thumbnails are the first thing viewers see when they search for a particular video.
Tips for creating a winning video description
Your description should include an engaging introduction and some kind of call to action. If a viewer is interested in your content, they’ll be more likely to click through and watch the full video if you provide them with clear, concise instructions on what to do next. You can also add external links to your website or other websites within the description.
Is the Youtube Channel Dashboard hard to use?
No, using the YouTube Channel Dashboard is easy! You can easily upload videos and optimize them for search by adding effective tags and titles. You can also track performance metrics such as views, likes and dislikes, comments, subscribers and watch time. Additionally, you can use the Tube Channel Keywords tab to add up to 500 characters of relevant keywords to help viewers find your content more easily.
How do Youtube Ads work?
Youtube Ads are a great way to reach a larger audience for your video content. Ads can be placed before, during or after the main video, and you can choose from either cost-per-click or cost-per-view pricing structures. You can target viewers by age, gender, location and interests to ensure that your ad reaches the most relevant people. With Youtube Ads, you can also pick a budget and decide how much you’re willing to spend on each ad campaign. Your ads will then be displayed to viewers as skippable or non-skippable video ads, overlay ads, banner ads and more.
How do I get New Viewers to watch my New Video?
One way to get new viewers for a new video is by using Youtube Ads. You can create an ad campaign and target the most relevant viewers to get the most out of your budget. Additionally, you should optimize your video content with SEO-friendly titles, descriptions and tags to appear higher in search results. You should also look into influencer marketing, where you can partner with popular Youtube personalities to promote your video. Finally, use social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook to reach a wider audience and encourage them to watch your new video. With the right combination of tactics, you can successfully get more viewers for your new video!
Keen to read more of our blogs on Videos? Here are a few.
Top 10 Ways for Using Video on Your Website
How to create a great promotional video for your business website
Top 10 Benefits of Using YouTube Videos on Your Website
Vimeo vs YouTube: Which should you use for your Business?
Understanding How Internal Website Links impact SEO
Top 10 WordPress Web Design Trends for 2022
Top 15 New WooCommerce Extensions Your Store Needs in 2022
Top 5 Highly Effective Customer Retention Strategies
Understanding The Importance of Web Design for Aged Care Organisations