Pixel Fish FAQ'sFrequently Asked Questions might help you get the information you're looking for!
How much does a website cost?
The cost of the websites we produce can vary significantly based on the following 3 aspects:
- Website Size (Essentially how large is your project? How many pages, projects, posts, products etc does your website require for launch.)
* The smaller websites we create are often 5 to 15 pages in size, whilst the larger websites can be 50+ pages.
- Website Scope (Essentially what sort of functionality is required from the website. Is there any non-standard specific functionality required?)
* A standard small business brochure site may contain standard functionality such as mobile responsiveness, an image gallery or a blog for example. Whilst a more complex website may require Memberships, Events, Forums or Ecommerce for example.
- Website Process (What is the process required by your business or organisation to delivery a new website?)
* For small businesses, where we can deal directly with the business owner we find a streamlined website process is perfectly fine. However, for larger organisations, we find that a more detailed process is required to achieve success such as on-premise meetings, website design phases, wireframes, sitemaps and additional rounds of revisions.
Website costs can also vary from provider to provider depending on each agencies interpretation of the brief. We always strive to get the clearest understanding of both your business and what you need to achieve.
It’s important to ensure you can meet and trust the agency responsible for delivering on your website project and form an ongoing relationship to be able to handle any issues that may arise.
How long does it take to build my website?
For our Small Business Website Packages our Process ensures you get your website up and running within 30 days, whilst some of our larger customised and integrated Ecommerce solutions can take anywhere up to and including 12-18 weeks depending on the size, scope & process required.
It’s worth noting, a website project is a two-way street and we typically find that delays can be caused by client’s taking time to provide final content (words & images), feedback & final approvals.
How do I get started with a new website?
Do you have a website briefing form?
Yes we do! We have developed a Website Briefing Form to assist you in identifying the size, scope and process you need.
Depending on your website requirements, this form may take up to approx 30 minutes however you can ‘Save & Continue’ at any time you wish. Once completed, the Online Website Briefing Form will be emailed as a downloadable PDF.
What is WordPress & why don't you build on other platforms?
WordPress is a CMS (Content Management System) Platform that powers over 40% of all the websites on the Internet.
WordPress allows agencies like us to build beautiful websites for clients of all shapes and sizes, whilst enabling our clients to easily and effectively publish content online.
WordPress is free (Open source), easy to use, customisable, scalable and most importantly… absolutely loved by Google (think SEO).
Given that, we believe there is no better solution than WordPress for our client’s day to day digital operations. Learn more about why we love working in WordPress.
Will my website be built on a theme?
All of our websites are built using either the DIVI Theme or Elementor Page Builder. This allows us to custom design every website from the ground up for suitability and practicality.
The benefits of this method mean no more ‘page templates’ or having to go back to your web developer every time you would like to add a new section or introduce a new design element to one of your pages.
The other key benefits of using DIVI & Elementor is that they are backed by two industry powerhouses that create and release multiple updates every year which we then in turn update for our clients to ensure their websites work perfectly well and bug-free.
Will my website work on mobile devices?
Yes! At Pixel Fish we understand how important it is to have a website that not only looks amazing but also functions perfectly across every device. All of our websites are 100% mobile friendly and mobile responsive, so you don’t risk missing out on reaching potential new customers!
What sort of SEO services do you provide?
On-Page SEO Optimisation
With every website we create we provide as a standard service ‘On-Page SEO Optimisation.
This is on-page and back-end optimization on every website page for SEO that helps you with your ‘organic’ search results.
We do the following on every website we create:
- Set up of Yoast SEO Plugin
- Optimise every page as high as possible on Yoast (Results depend on content)
- Create Site Title and Tagline
- Create Site-Wide Meta Description
- Implement Focus Keyword & Meta Description on every page, project and post (Based on supplied Client Supplied)
- Resize and optimise all images with File Naming Conventions
- Implement Image ALT text on all on-page images, custom icons and featured images
- Set up a suitable Heading H1, H2, H3 structures for SEO
- Implement 301 Redirects
We do all of this based on the proviso of either
- Clients supply to us the Meta Data to implement
- We create Meta Data based on content provided
SEO Keyword Research
We can provide SEO Keyword Research as an additional service. Pixel Fish will work closely with you to ensure we have a solid understanding of your business, sector, services, customers and competitors and then discover the most valuable keywords for your website’s SEO strategy
PPC and Adwords
We currently don’t offer PPC (Paid Ads). We can happily refer clients to appropriate 3rd parties.
Website Design Payment
When do I pay?
A 50% initial invoice is issued and needs to be paid prior to the project commencing. Upon final approval, a 50% final invoice is issued prior to the launch of your website.
How do I pay for my website?
All Website Design Invoices can be maid via EFT.
We do not accept credit card for Website Builds.
Website Hosting, Maintenance and Support
Do I have to use Pixel Fish for my Hosting?
Whilst all of our client benefits greatly from our Hosting, Support & Maintenance plans, if you would like to self-manage your website hosting & maintenance, you are more than welcome to.
If you choose to self-manage on an external website hosting provider and need us to perform the migration, a fee of $660 incl GST will be levied. Pixel Fish requires 30 days’ notice to perform the migration.
Please note if you are self-managing, you will need to purchase your own relevant licences, perform your own backups and do regular updates to ensure your website continues to work seamlessly.
What happens once the site is launched?
Once your website has been launched, as part of every project you’ll be invited to attend a website training session which can be done either inhouse here at Pixel Fish or via Video Meeting at a time that is suitable for you.
You will also have full access to Pixel Fish Support by either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly on (02) 9114 9813.
Will I be able to edit the website by myself?
Yes. Pixel Fish websites are designed to allow you to edit and add new content easily and effortlessly. At any stage you can add extra features to your website as your business grows. Never pay a web designer to correct a typo again!
To find out more about our fantastic ongoing training, support and hosting please click here. If you would prefer someone to make your changes for you, simply contact our friendly team and we will show you your options.
How do I pay for my Website Hosting, Maintenance and Support?
If you are using Pixel Fish for your Website Hosting, Maintenance and Support, you can pay via monthly invoice or get set up for a monthly deduction that will come out of your chosen bank account or credit card.
Where can I find your terms?
Where can I find your Blog?
You can read our informative blog articles on our Web Design Blog Page.