Website Call to Actions play a crucial role in the online lead generation of many businesses. So what are Call to Actions and how do they generate leads for my business?
What are Call to Actions?
Call to Actions, or CTA’s are effectively graphic or text buttons used on your website to call people’s attention to a specific offer.
Call to Actions (CTAs) are key elements on a web page that help guide visitors through the journey of becoming a customer. They direct users to take action by clicking a button, filling out a form, or even making an online purchase. For example, when browsing products online, you might often see CTAs like “Add to Cart” or “Checkout Now”.
CTAs can have different objectives such as increasing website visits, boosting newsletter subscriptions, enhancing social media following and more. The main goal is to get your visitors to take a desired action that helps you generate leads and create sales.
They are employed to kick off a thought process and direct people to where they will find what you are offering. For example, a visitor may be browsing your website looking for information.
Your business, for example might place an exciting button saying “Click here to download our free guide to Woodwork”. This then kick starts the customer journey, whereby they click through to your offer, and in the process give you their contact details.
CTA’s are generally used as prompts to lead people to Landing Pages where they fill in their details to receive their free offer.
For an example of a CTA, simply look at the bottom of this blog.
How do Call To Actions generate leads?
CTAs can generate leads in two ways. Firstly, they get people to click the CTA button and move through the buyer’s journey quickly. Secondly, when a person clicks on your CTA and visits your Landing Page, it is an opportunity for you to collect their details so that you can add them as a lead in your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
Once someone has filled in their details on your Landing Page, it is important to follow up with them quickly and nurture that lead into becoming a customer. This can be done through email campaigns or direct phone calls.
The key to success is for you to understand the customer journey and provide content that encourages people to click your CTA and convert into paying customers. Additionally, it is important to have an effective lead nurturing strategy in place that moves people through the stages of awareness, consideration and decision-making.
By using CTAs strategically, you can effectively generate leads and ultimately turn them into sales.
For Call to Actions to be effective for lead generation, they really need to be part of a well-constructed Inbound Marketing plan.
Tips for writing a successful Call To Action Headline
- Make sure your headline is clear and concise.
- Use language that will resonate with the reader.
- Include a benefit or reason why they should click on the CTA.
- Keep it short and to the point.
- Try not to use too many words as this can be confusing for visitors.
Top places you can use Call To Actions on your website
CTAs can be used in a variety of places on your website. Here are some of the best places to include them:
- Homepage – this is usually the first page users see, so it’s essential to put CTA’s here.
- Blog posts – including CTA’s at the end of blog posts can help to drive readers to other pages on your website.
- Product/service pages – this is a great place to use CTA’s for sales and sign-ups.
- Landing page – this page should be focused on capturing the user’s information and providing them with a call to action.
- Pop-up windows – these can be used to capture
Tips for designing a Call To Action Button
Designing a good Call To Action button is important, as it helps to draw attention to the action you want users to take. Here are some tips for designing an effective CTA button:
- Keep it simple – keep your CTA button design as simple as possible.
- Use contrasting colours – use bold and contrasting colours that stand out from the rest of the website design
- Make it action-oriented – make sure the CTA is action-oriented and clear in what you want users to do.
- Use persuasive words – use persuasive words that will inspire your users to take the desired action.
- Test different positions – test different positions of your CTA button on your website and see which one works best for you.
- Make it stand out – use shapes and sizes to make your CTA button stand out from the rest of the page.
- Use animation – use animation to draw attention to your CTA button and make sure users don’t miss it.
- Track performance – track your CTA button’s performance and adjust accordingly if necessary.
- Be consistent – be consistent with the design and positioning of your CTA buttons across all pages of your website.
- Create urgency – create a sense of urgency to inspire users to take action. Try using phrases like “Act Now” or “Limited Time Offer”.
- Analyse results – analyse the performance of your CTA buttons and figure out where you can make improvements.
- Optimize placement – optimize the placement of your CTA button based on user behaviour and data analysis.
- Test different colours – test different colours to see which one gets more clicks or conversions.
- Use images – use relevant images in conjunction with your CTA
Top 10 reasons to choose WooCommerce for your business
6 Key Digital Channels for Business Success
How to Calculate Your Customers Lifetime Value
10 Best Practices for a Successful WordPress Website Design Project
Create the Perfect Call to Action on Your Homepage
Top 10 Tips to Create The Perfect Website Call to Action
5 Ways to Improve Your Website Conversion Rate Through Web Design
Top Landing Page Design Mistakes to Avoid at all Costs