As a small business, do you feel limited in what you can do as far as marketing?
Perhaps you’ve been relying on traditional outbound marketing strategies like direct mail and print advertising that are on their way out. The good news is that you don’t necessarily have to spend much money on the more effective inbound tactics.
When you have a lot of local competition for business, you have to use your resources wisely to contend with the big dogs. An effective website is crucial to your success here since most people looking for goods and services always perform online research these days. It just doesn’t make sense not to have a good website. The goal of your site should be to convert casual visitors into customers and turn those one-time patrons into loyal customers who return to your business.
Here’s how you can use your small business website to gain more customers:
How To Use Your Website to Gain Customers for Your Business
- Take advantage of your current site’s web analytics and reporting functions.
- Your website should also promote brand awareness of your company.
- Create Engaging Content
- Think Visual
- Be Mobile-friendly
How To Use Your Website to Gain Customers for Your Business
1. Take advantage of your current site’s web analytics and reporting functions.
Google Analytics, for example, will check all types of online data, including keywords and traffic sources. From here, you can analyse the statistics and target the right audience. Need help with all that data? We can set up your Google Analytics account and help you create an SEO-friendly site.
2. Your website should also promote brand awareness of your company.
You can differentiate yourself from the competition by offering something unique. Use your site to announce giveaways and other promotions, for instance. Some great examples are discounts on online orders and social media contests.
Further examples of ways to promote your brand through your website are social media ads, email marketing campaigns, and regular blog posts. This help to expand your reach and inform potential customers about what you do.
3. Create Engaging Content
When deciding what type of content to include on your website, you’ll need, at a bare minimum, a landing page plus a blog or “news” section. You can always add pages as necessary. Use your site to share more than traditional company news with your readers. What is unique about you? Typically, people like to see involvement in (and giving back to) the local community. You could highlight your participation in chamber of commerce events, charity fund-raisers, or sponsoring local activities and sports teams.
Should you include testimonials or customer reviews on your website? In most cases, you should, depending on your type of business. Many small businesses still depend on word-of-mouth advertising, and positive reviews on your site could be the tipping point that brings in more business. Highlight these comments in a prominent place on your website, and use social media to draw visitors back to your homepage.
4. Think Visual
Don’t forget to use visuals, such as graphics, photos, and especially videos, for even greater impact. According to this recent article: “74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video.”
You can submit your own designs to us, or let us help you create them. Our design professionals will make your website visually appealing, clean, and functional. Since you should update your blog and news section regularly, we’ll give you the tools to add and edit content any time.
5. Be Mobile-friendly
For maximum effect and customer convenience, your website must be mobile responsive, easy to access and use on mobile devices. All of our web design packages include 100% mobile-friendly websites. Finally, let us show you how to go beyond the basic website. Take advantage of our Social Media Integration services to promote your website, lead people back to it, and publish different types of information on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
What your website needs to help you Gain Customers for Your Business
- Eye-catching Design – The look of a website is extremely important as it sets the tone for all of your customers’ experiences. Your web designer will create an attractive and professional design that clearly reflects your brand and stands out from competitors in the same industry.
- Feature-Rich Content – A feature-rich content strategy tailored to your business’ needs is essential for turning visitors into customers. Our design team creates custom content that speaks directly to your target audience and brings out the best features of your business.
- Search Engine Optimization – Make sure potential customers are able to find you on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo! With our SEO services, we work with you to optimize your website and create high-quality content that drives organic traffic.
- Analytics & Reporting – With analytics and reporting services, you can get real-time insights into user behaviour on your website. Our team helps you track and interpret website data to identify trends, optimize performance and measure success.
- Responsive Design – Create a responsive design that looks great on any device, from desktop computers to tablets and smartphones. Our team is up-to-date with the latest trends in web design to ensure that your website is always ahead of the competition.
- Social Media Management – Take advantage of the power of social media by promoting your website across all major platforms.
We can help you with all aspects of your marketing plan, from web design to blogging to social media. Contact us today to find your small business’s best design options and packages.
Take your business to the next level with a Pixel Fish Website.
WordPress for Small Business: A perfect match
4 Keys to a Successful Website Home Page
10 Small Business SEO Myths Debunked
Small Business SEO: Why Your Business Needs Google Analytics
AI Technology is Taking Over Business. How Will it Affect Yours?
Top Facebook Tactics to Promote Your Business Website and Increase Sales