Is your website relevant to the needs and preferences of your audience? This is an important question to ask yourself if you want to attract more visitors and entice them to return to your site. Many websites have outdated, irrelevant, or uninteresting content. It’s time to take an honest look at your website to ensure you’re not making this mistake. Let’s look at how to keep your website relevant so you get many loyal visitors and customers.
How to Keep Your Website Relevant, so Your Customers Return for More
Update Your Content Frequently
To keep your website relevant, you must add fresh content consistently. This is equally crucial for SEO purposes and for satisfying your visitors. Think about how you feel when you visit a website and see that the most recent entry was 6 months ago or even further back. This shows that the owner isn’t committed to the site. It also means that any information on the site is probably outdated. Most industries today move very fast. You must show your visitors that you’re up to speed by regularly publishing new content.
Understand Your Customers
Of course, it’s not enough to simply publish content. You need a material that interests and informs your visitors. To do this, you need a thorough understanding of your customers. Every business needs an accurate customer persona, which reveals its customers’ needs, habits, and preferences. Here are a few tips to help you with this task.
- Talk to your customers. Ask them questions and invite feedback on your blog posts and social media pages.
- Identify your customers’ most pressing problems and concerns. Keep up with the latest news and trends in your industry, so you’re aware of what your audience is thinking about.
- Pay attention to your analytics. Businesses often start with assumptions about their customers that aren’t entirely accurate. Note who is visiting your website and buying your products.
- Update your buyer persona regularly. Your customers may change over time. New trends often mean that younger or older people, men or women, are embracing new products and services. For example, more men today are visiting spas and getting manicures.
How to Keep Your Website Relevant With Up-to-date Design
The way a website looks is just as important as its subject matter and content. People who visit your site quickly judge you and your business based on your appearance and design. If your site has an outdated look, this creates a negative impression, even if people aren’t consciously aware of what’s wrong. Here are some modern design tips to keep in mind.
- Responsive Design – Mobile devices are now the most popular way to access the internet. Responsive design lets them access your pages with ease.
- Quality Images – The web is more visually oriented than ever. If your website isn’t visually interesting, it won’t captivate today’s visitors. Use quality photos and illustrations. Nothing gives a site a more dated look than generic stock photos.
- GIFs, Animation, and Videos – In addition to static images, videos and GIFs are also a trendy way to catch visitors’ eyes. Some of the latest trends in this area include 360-degree videos and creative geometric patterns.
- Typography – If you don’t have a background in web design (or design in general), you may not pay much attention to things like fonts. However, typography makes a huge impression on visitors. The current trend is to use large and highly legible types so messages are easy to read. However, beyond this, you want to make sure your typography matches your brand.
When designing your site, you naturally have to consider the needs of your business. For example, a website in the financial services sector is generally more conservative so you might not want a humorous GIF on your home page. Yet, no matter what your industry, it’s possible to update your site and give it a modern look that fits with your brand image.
For help in updating your website and connecting engaging your audience with digital marketing, contact us.
12 Tactics to Increase WordPress Website Speed
8 Top WordPress Security Plugins for Business Websites
10 Plugins that Showcase the Versatility of WordPress Website Design
7 Strategic Mobile Responsive Website Design Benefits
10 Signs Your Outdated Website Should Be Upgraded to WordPress
10 Ways to Improve Your Search Ranking for Your WordPress Website
WordPress Website Image Best Practices for SEO, Speed and Engagement
9 Essential Website Features for Remote Users
12 WordPress Web Design Tips for Small Businesses
10 Best Practices for a Successful WordPress Website Design Project