Your business website is a key way to attract and retain more customers, improve your brand image, and boost sales. However, your site won’t work well for you unless you do a little work on its behalf. Let’s look at 20 Ways To Promote Your Business Website For More Traffic.
The following are 20 ways to promote your business website to get more traffic
20 ways to promote your business website for more traffic
20 Ways To Promote Your Business Website For More Traffic
- Add it to your email signature.
- Create an email newsletter.
- Share website content on social media platforms.
- Add your site to all of your online profiles.
- Draw readers into your site with internal links.
- Be friendly to search engines.
- Tempt readers with compelling headlines.
- Evaluate traffic to your site.
- Post a variety of high-quality content.
- Keep your site active and current.
- Write as a guest blogger.
- Invite people to your blog.
- Show off your expertise online.
- Contribute meaningfully to other blogs.
- Change the way your posts show up on your RSS feed.
- Add your site to major online directories.
- Include your web-address on non-digital media.
- Use social bookmarking sites.
- Write a press release.
- Prompt people to follow you.
1. Add it to your email signature.
Anyone you email, including prospective clients and customers, will have easy access to your site. When it’s relevant, include a link to a specific page on your site in the body of the email; for example, if someone requests more information about your company, link to the appropriate page on your site.
2. Create an email newsletter.
Build up a list of subscribers and regularly send out emails with new blog posts, product announcements and other engaging content that will get people to click on links to your site.
3. Share website content on social media platforms.
These include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
4. Add your site to all of your online profiles.
Include a link to your site on all of your social media accounts and on various review sites such as Yelp.
5. Draw readers into your site with internal links.
For example, your blog posts could have a ‘related posts’ feature that directs site visitors to similar content. In your blog posts and landing pages, embed links to other pages on your site. Site visitors will keep clicking and exploring, discovering more content to enjoy and share.
6. Be friendly to search engines.
Follow SEO best practices, presenting well-written, informative, substantial and unique content on your site. Research keywords, but remember not to engage in “keyword stuffing.” Your content should read naturally.
7. Tempt readers with compelling headlines.
Come up with headlines for posts and pages that people will need to click on.
8. Evaluate traffic to your site.
Which kinds of content get the most hits – text, video, infographics? Which keywords and topics are popular? Expand on those further.
9. Post a variety of high-quality content.
Along with a blog and several landing pages, your website can include e-books, webinars or PowerPoint slides. In addition to text, post videos and infographics. Give people amazing content that they’ll want to link to and share on social media platforms.
10. Keep your site active and current.
Blog regularly and keep your site’s information fresh. Don’t let it become inactive.
11. Write as a guest blogger.
Write guest posts for reputable, popular blogs in your niche and have them link back to your site.
12. Invite people to your blog.
Conduct interviews with experts in your area, and post them to your site. Ask people who are well-respected to write a guest post for your blog. Interviewees and guest bloggers will likely share this content on their own sites or social media accounts.
13. Show off your expertise online.
Contribute to Q&A sites such as Stack Overflow or Quora. Publish an article to Hub Pages. Look for online publications in your field and contribute to them. When possible, link back to your site.
14. Contribute meaningfully to other blogs.
Comment on well-regarded blogs that cover topics relevant to your business. Just remember to act as if you’re part of a conversation, and not simply drop a link and leave a hasty, poorly thought out comment.
15. Change the way your posts show up on your RSS feed.
If your RSS feed shows your blog posts in their entirety, reconfigure it to display only the opening paragraphs. Readers will then have to click through to your site to see the whole post.
16. Add your site to major online directories.
These range from Google business listings to All Top.
17. Include your web-address on non-digital media.
In the same way businesses list their phone numbers and addresses on flyers, pamphlets, and other forms of media off-line, include your business website.
18. Use social bookmarking sites.
Share and organise your web content with sites like Diigo, Delicious and Digg.
19. Write a press release.
Any press release you send out should include a link to your business website. Sometimes, the press release might actually involve a website-related announcement.
20. Prompt people to follow you.
On your site, make it easy for people to sign up for a free email subscription to your blog. Also, prompt them to follow you on various social media platforms. You’ll increase the chances that they’ll interact with your site more regularly and share your content with others.
For further advice and assistance on driving more traffic to your business website, please contact us.
By taking the right steps, you can lift your site out of obscurity and bring a regular flow of potential customers, clients and colleagues to it.
Take your business to the next level with a Pixel Fish Website.
Pixel Fish Hosting, Support & Maintenance
Is your WordPress Hacked? Here are 5 Potential Reasons
Website Planning: How to Plan a Website for success
Custom WordPress Website vs Theme: Which Is Best?
Why Your Website Content Really Does Matter for Your Business
7 Ways Your Website Affects the Perceived Value of Your Business
Top 15 Benefits Of Guest Blogging
How to Build a Blog that Actually Helps Your Inbound Marketing
SEO Backlinks Best Practices for Search Engine Success
What is Blogging? And how can it grow my business?
Flying High: How to Promote your website after launch